Friday, September 5, 2008

Swirly splotchy inky cards

The other night I tried out a technique that I'd seen in a recent issue of Stamper's Sampler. I started by smearing ink onto pieces of watercolor paper, then spritzing the inked papers with water. I let the water droplets sit on the paper for a few seconds before blotting with a paper towel. I let the papers dry completely before stamping them for cards. I think they turned out pretty neat.



The buttons are from my recent excursion to the Hillsville flea market and the rick rack is from the parents' attic.


Other supplies:


CS (Martha Stewart);Watercolor paper from Wal-mart; Ranger distress ink (peeled paint & antique linen), other ink by Colorbox; stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Paper Tray (PTI).

My sister found the little metallic beads when she was in Germany this summer.

Other supplies:

Kraft CS (paperandmore.com);Watercolor paper from Wal-mart; Ranger distress ink (peeled paint) other ink by K&Co and Colorbox; stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Faux Ribbon(PTI), Old French Writing (Hero Arts), Swirls v1 (Autumn Leaves).




No comments: