
Greetings! Tonight is the January blog hop with PaperTrey Ink and this month's challenge was to build up the birthday card stash. I decided to play around with Heather Nichols' latest stamp set, Around & About Sentiments.
I ended up having to work some this weekend, so my card is pretty simple. First I stamped the round "happy birthday to you" sentiment in dark chocolate on aqua mist cardstock. Then I stamped a solid circle (included with the set) with aqua mist in the center (hard to see in the photos). I punched out the image with a 1.5" Fiskars squeeze punch, added a flower brad to the center, and inked the edges. Three of these circles on a stitched berry sorbet panel complete the card front. The card itself is dark chocolate cardstock with an aqua mist panel framing the design. Finally I added tiny yellow flocked stickers to the corners (to hide my messy stitching!).
Supplies
CS: Dark chocolate, berry sorbet, aqua mist (PTI)
Ink: Dark chocolate, aqua mist (PTI)
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments (PTI)
Flower brads (Heidi Grace)
Yellow flocked stickers (Heidi Grace)
1.5" circle punch (Fiskars)
Foam dimensional adhesive
Sewing machine
Thanks for stopping by!
--Mindy--


27 comments:
what a great card
Nicely done! I especially like the colors you picked!
Hi Mindy! So, I found your blog "on my own" and your card is beautiful. Great job! The crocheting is great, too.
Leora
Wonderful Job!
really lovely, great colour choice.
Absolutly lovely!
well this is just cute!
very pretty - i like the simple lines and the repeated sentiment circle.
Very nice work! Thanks for sharing your cute card!
great card! love the new sentiements set & how you've used it!
So cute!
Very cute. This set has lot of possibilities.
So pretty!
Sweet card; love this set, so must try to buy it (also)!!! LOL!
very cute - love the way you created the outline/frame!
Very pretty--I like the inked edges.
very pretty, love the colors!
This card is really cute! I love the simplicity---you could use this layout for so many people!!! Where is King, NC? I live in Raleigh---
Nice design!
Very pretty! Love the inked edges!
Very cute!
That berry sorbet looks yummy on your card. Really cute!
Love your color combo! I sure hope you mail it off to her, too, lol!!
What a fun color combination!
Nice job.
simple...but very cute!! love it
This is lovely
Post a Comment