
Happy Memorial Day! Hope you had the day off like I did... It was rainy here in NC so I stayed inside and did crafty things while Scott watched the never-ending Coke 600 race. Good grief.
This weekend my mom gave me a recipe from Good Housekeeping magazine for a really easy refrigerator strawberry jam. It only takes a few minutes and makes 3 half-pint jars. It has a little lemon juice as well which got me thinking I should make a card with Berry Sorbet and Lemon Tart, since tonight's blog hop theme is yellow.
I used Guidelines cardstock and Guidelines + Green Thumb to create a strawberry-themed background (berry sorbet, lemon tart, plum pudding & ripe avocado). The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages and is accented with an image from Life (ripe avocado with some Stickles).
The perfect summer hostess gift! Speaking of guests, these guys have been hanging out here this weekend. They must have known about the yellow theme.
Have a great week,
~Mindy


45 comments:
I love your card; wish I could have had some strawberry jam too!!!
Love your card...and the birds. I may need to get the strawberry jam recipe from you. Maybe I can trade you for some tea leaves paper...
great job making your own DP! Looks great with your card! love how you used the strawberries :)
This is so cute Mindy! I would have never thought to add the little strawberry with guidelines, great idea!
Super cute card!! tfs!!
What a great combo! I love the strawberries!
A great hostess gift for sure - love the DP...and the buttons make it more of a crafty gift.
Very pretty and creative background design. I'll be making one myself ;)
Get out of town, that BG DP you made is fabulous! I'm going to have to try that, what a great idea.
Great backgroung and the use of the strawberry.
OK that background is very cool. Great job.
Beautiful background!! Love your card and those finches are sweet!
Fun card! I love that you used stamps from different sets.
Nice hostess gift and a great card! I love your background paper.
Very pretty card and what a great idea for the background with the strawberries. Loved the photo of the finches too :-)
Great card, the jam looks good too!
Love this!!!
Such a fun, summery card!
Your card is beautiful. Great job with photos too.
Love your card, especially your handmade pp.
Oh love the card! :) Cute bg!
Well would ya look at that; what an awesome background!
(I scrolled down through the rest of your blog- I LOVE your herb garden, those labels are fantastic!)
Cute combination of the guidelines and strawberries!
So pretty, great background!
You made a FABULOUS background...totally unique and one I've never seen before! :> Love your sparkly Life flowers as well! :>
such a great idea!
Terrific card, so creative!!!
Your card is so CUTE!! So summery!! and I am gonna bookmark the jam recipe ~ Thanks for sharing it!
Have a GREAT night!
Beautiful!! mmmm strawberry jam. Delish! TFS
Love your card and the pic of the birds.
Wow, amazing background! So bright & summery!
What a beautiful card! Love all the colours you chose!
Very pretty! I love your background... and the birdies.
Yummy!! Your card is darling!
We just put up a finch feeder at our home. Hopefully we have some little cutties when we get hone. Love your sweet card as well.
It's a good life!
Terri E.
Oh love how you used the strawberry with the guidelines set! So cute and the perfect card to go with your easy jam recipe!
I LOVE your card :) The background paper, is soo cool!!!
I enjoyed my visit to your blog, Mindy! Added to my favorites, so I can come back and visit! Loved your card! Give Molly a hug...what a cutie! Our family has corgis, too!
WOW Mindy that is too cute!
wow! great background you created. love how you used the little strawberry there!
Word does get around about PTI, doesn't it? (Maybe a little birdie told them...) Love the way you stamped your background paper with the strawberries and guideline images!
Fabulous I absolutely love the wee pattern you created!
I love the background! How clever of you!
It's always nice to see other images incoporated into the gridlines paper.....more uses for me !
Thanks, your card is gorgeous!!!
Adooorable cards! :)
Post a Comment