Monday, October 25, 2010

October PTI Blog Hop



Time for another blog hop with Papertrey Ink!  This month's challenge:  "Create a project that celebrates Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or some other winter holiday as we embrace everyone's beliefs in a celebration of diversity through paper crafting."

I decided to make a very non-traditional menorah using the foliage image from Life and the snowflake image from Holiday Tree.  I used silver embossing powder and some tiny rhinestones to add some sparkle.  The sentiment is from Signature Christmas (though this one works well for any winter holiday).  I colored the ribbon using Copics.




(click image to enlarge)

Thanks for stopping by!

~Mindy

17 comments:

Babies-Beth said...

Wonderful! Such a 'natural' menorah!!

Laura Isham said...

Oh, this is pretty. I love how you used flowers for a holiday card. So unique yet perfect!

Dana said...

Wonderful! A foliage menorah. Creative AND pretty! Love it.

Leora said...

Oh Mindy...that is beautiful! How creative!!

Mariah said...

I love the silver embossing on the blue base...so pretty!

Dana said...

This is so pretty! Great idea.

Kelly S. said...

WOW that's really a great idea...it's so abstract and pretty! Love the embossing and the colors, I think your Mennorah is FABULOUS!

Jen Carter said...

That's so creative! Great idea!

Kristii said...

Soooo very creative!!! I love the stamps you used!!! Fantastic!

Laurie HIMCR said...

GREAT card! Very pretty and clever!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun card. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Adele Fowler said...

so pretty, really creative :)

pattylt said...

Wow, this is so creative and perfect! I just love the organic menorah and the card just came together beautifully. Well done!

Terri said...

Very creative!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Perfect! Great card for Hanukkah.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a wonderful idea - I love your creativity and it's a very pretty card!! Thinking outside the box!
Excellent!

Annette said...

What a pretty card, love the embossing!