Thursday, September 25, 2008

PTI Blog Hop tonight!





Good evening! If you have landed here through the PTI blog hop then welcome to a relatively new blog! Tonight I'd like to share a little project I've had in mind ever since the Quilter's sampler stamp set came out. I used a PTI gabled box, vellum, and some imagination to create a little stone church with stained glass windows! This example is still kinda rough, but I think it would make a great packaging idea that could also be used as a Christmas decoration throughout the season. The light inside is one of those little battery operated candles ( I don't think a real candle in a paper box would be a very good idea!)


I created the stone look using my cuttlebug and a fiskars embossing plate. The evergreen swags are from Home for the Holidays.

18 comments:

B said...

Love your church! What a great idea! So pretty!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how sweet!! I remember a little light up church my grandma had up at Christmas when I was little. This reminds me a little of it!

Regan said...

How cute- great job!

Lizzie Jones said...

Cute idea! I would have never thought of this!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! Such a pretty project!

ohradiogirl said...

This looks nice. I do like the idea.

Anonymous said...

how pretty!! i love the windows! you did a great job - and i'm glad that you jumped on the blog hop wagon!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! Good job
Melissa

One Creative Life said...

Wow this is fantastic!!! TFS-Erica

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a creative idea. This is great!!

Anonymous said...

Mindy, how very creative--beautiful job!

Donelda said...

Oh wow Mindy this is such a creative idea!! Way to go thinking "outside the box" It is really pretty and I'm so glad you showed us how pretty it looks with the candle shining through those pretty church windows!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathleen said...

What a fun idea! I love it....thanks for the creativity!

Bridget said...

I love this little church. What a creative and clever idea. It looks like it took forever to create!! Thanks for sharing...

IamDerby said...

This is beautiful!!!

Jenn said...

This is just darling! Very creative!

Jak Heath said...

oh this is way too cute.
congrats on your first blog hop

Marge said...

Oh my goodness; what a fantastic "first" blog hop post!!! Absolutely charming! Fantastic job!!!