Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Second felted sweater purse

Here's my second attempt at a purse made from a felted Goodwill sweater. Actually this one was made from a man's sweater vest. I started by felting the vest in a hot wash and drying in the drier. Then I made up my pattern and got to work...





The flower is made from felt and will be a removable pin. Right now it's just attached with a safety pin because I was still undecided on final embellishments. I may add some embroidery to the button in the center of the flower. After the other projects of the weekend I had run out of steam.



I made a cell phone pocket inside...





The lighting is so much better in these last 2 photos. I hope Santa brings me a camera this year (since mine got stolen when we were robbed at gunpoint on our honeymoon in St. Thomas 2.5 years ago) because I don't like Scott's all that much and he's always afraid I'm going to drop it in a toilet or something. Where is the trust.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Oh my gosh, how terrified you must have been on your honeymoon, that is awful! I hope you guys recovered enough to enjoy the rest of your honeymoon together. This purse is absolutely gorgeous! It is so unique and creative! Great job!!

Annette said...

I'm back! You've been tagged! I have seen this on other blogs and someone just tagged me, I only listed four blogs and your's was one of them as I wanted other's to see your beautiful creations! Please visit my blog for info.
Hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

OK I can hear Scott saying that, too funny. Hope Santa brings you a new camera! You purses are so cute.