Monday, December 15, 2008

More baby shoes

I made more baby shoes, this time with ducks, or chicks, and a button closure.



I copied these from someone one Etsy. Hers are about a hundred times better looking so I'm not giving you the link. Ha. But I wanted to say I didn't invent these myself. I made them as a gift for my friend who could be going into labor at any time now, and she doesn't know the gender so yellow seemed like a good idea. Things I would fix if I made another pair: I would change my pattern so the seam of the lining matches the seam of the outer shoe; I would make the lining smaller so it's not so bunchy; I would make the buttons fasten symmetrically to each other, instead of the same way...oops.

I also made a bib. Sticking with the yellow theme for the pocket, I used a tropical fabric (baby will live in FL) to make my own bias tape. The pattern for the bib is here.



I love the little gable boxes from Papertrey Ink to package these.



The set:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know we are going to have two new babies in the family before long. One boy and One girl! Maybe you can get all crafty for them when the time comes.