Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving photos

I busted out some impressiveness this year for turkey day. First was a cheeseball, which was actually really really easy to make. And I got to use my Tastefully Simple "Garlic Garlic" mix. It gave us all Garlic Garlic breath. Yum.



I just stirred up 2 blocks of cream cheese, one bag of shredded cheddar, and the spice pack. Then I rolled the whole thing in paprika, stuck a cinnamon stick in it, and added a bay leaf. People ooo and ahhh at these sorts of things.



Here are some other shots of the spread...





Pea salad has become a holiday tradition with our family. It has all the essentials... green vegetables, fatty mayonnaise, tasty bacon and salty cheese. Forget the turkey. Give me pea salad.



There were so many desserts we had to put some of them on an ironing board.



And there at the end of the table you see my other contribution for the year, turkey pops. Not made with turkey, now that would be disgusting. These are of course made with chocolate cake.



The heads are chocolate covered macadamia nuts (ah, Hawaii, I will visit you again someday...)



The waddles are bits of sour gummy worms. I started to add eyes and beaks but I got too weary.



Just be careful about eating too many of these. The sugar might make you do something like this...







I also finished up my first knitting project over the weekend. A blue scarf!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes Cous! I saw the pictures from Dave and Nancy's (looks like they might have moved furniture around again!!) Then you had to go and mention Pea salad! I LOVE pea salad! Your turkey pops were cute. And anytime you need a Hawaii fix, well in the next ten months at least, you know where I live! That video of Jen is too funny!

Annette said...

What a great post, had me laughing! Love your apple shaped cheeseball, how creative. And your turkey pops are adorable. I am glad they weren't chocolate covered turkey! Sounds like you had a really great time with your family and congrats on finishing up your first knitting project! That's about all I can do when it comes to knitting is knit a scarf, oh and I can make a hat with my knifty knitter! My friend is going to show me how to knit a rib stitch, should be a fun lesson! :) Have a great week!

Benny said...

The pictures of the food remind me that you all had a much better meal than I had at the McDonalds at the Minneapolis Airport. Next year I will be there for sure and in addition to the food pictures, you can also post video of the Green Valley Boys and Girls Thanksgiving Band; and also pictures of the new babies the families are expecting!