Tuesday, August 25, 2009

PTI Blog Hop - Ready for Autumn



It's blog hop time again with PaperTrey Ink! It doesn't feel too much like fall here in NC (highs in the 90's), but I'm starting to get excited about the prospect of cooler weather. One of my favorite things about autumn is going to see the giant pumpkins at the local fair. So I decided to use Vintage Picnic to create a basket of pumpkins for today's card.



(shhh... You're not supposed to remember that I used Enchanted Evening cardstock for last month's blog hop too. Love that color.) The embossed flourish is from With Sympathy.



My copic coloring skills are getting there. The sentiment is stamped in Fresh Snow, and a couple aqua mist buttons round out the project.



Have a good week!
~Mindy

33 comments:

Leora said...

Hey Mindy! Am I too early to post a comment? I LOVE your card! Good luck tonight.

Leora

Marge said...

Fabulous card; great job & I love your color choice of Enchanted Evening!!!

Sandy said...

I love the enchanted evening colors and it looks great with the pumpkins in the picnic basket!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy! Beautiful card. ---teri

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty, love the blues.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really like your embossing on the elegant evening. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Melissa said...

I love the embossed background! So pretty! Great job!

Aimes said...

Oh this is so very pretty! I too love Enchanted Evening CS! Here is really makes your pumpkins 'pop'! and your flourish is just beautiful and subtle too!
Aimes
x

Elizabeth S. said...

this is so pretty!

Sue P. said...

Beautiful card. I love the embossed flourish on the dark cardstock!

Lori said...

Very striking!!

Regan said...

now THAT is gorgeous!

Becca said...

I love the embossing and your use of the Enchanted Evening. It's such a pretty blue. And your coloring of your pumpkins is awesome. They look very realistic!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I love that enchanted blue and the pumpkins up against it! Your coloring is awesome!

Steph said...

Gorgeous card. I love your embossing.

Heather P. said...

Gorgeous!

Chris said...

very pretty, looks great on the blue!

Kimberly said...

Realy like the color combo and the texture of the embossed vine. It really adds elegance, I think.

Michelle said...

Great color choice - - different and it's so great with this basket...and love your embossing too.

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card! Love the embossing! Great job coloring in the pumpkins!

Kim Faucher said...

wow, love the colors from the rich blue!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh your embossed background is stunning! And the coloring on your pumpkins is stunning!

BethieJ said...

Oh this is LOVELY! LOVE the blue and then the POP of the pumpkins.. GREAT coloring!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very pretty, love your use of non-traditional colors!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous, love the coloring on those pumpkins!

Amanda said...

Love the subtle embossing! I am so going to have to do that sometime too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Donelda said...

this is beautiful.... AWESOME colors!!!!

Antje said...

very elegant card!

Linda said...

Very different! Great colors. Love that flourish!

{PurpleD} said...

WOW, wow! The color contrast is amazing! I love your card!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Mindy! I tried to e-mail you this info but couldn't find an e-mail address. You asked where I bought the tea/mulling spices diffuser that was in the gift basket on my blog http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com I bought it at Williams Sonoma last season! They have the cutest accessories, at the end of the season, items get marked down 75% or more! You have to keep an eye out for the bargains! :) Hugs, Mona

Cammie said...

I love the colors you chose. Enchanted Evening is a perfect background for the pumpkins which are colored beautifully. The embossed flourish is a great touch.

Taheerah said...

So stunning, loving that Enchanted Evening!