Sunday, October 25, 2009

Holiday sweatshop



It's time for the October blog hop with Papertrey Ink! Tonight I thought I'd share one of the Christmas card sets I turned out in my little "sweatshop". Haha!



This set uses images from Snowflake Serenade, Holiday Treats, and Polka Dot Basics. (I also used a little $1 Delta tree stamp.) I stamped 3 full sheets and then cut them into strips. Besides the stamped strips I also added some machine stitching, vintage buttons in Spring Moss, and Scarlett Jewel bitty dots ribbon.



The sentiment is from Signature Christmas.



Thanks for visiting!
~Mindy

44 comments:

Steph said...

Fabulous. Love the design and yummmy colour combo.

Kelly S. said...

AWESOME design, love EACH panel!

Jen said...

Love the layout...wonderful card!

Maureen V said...

love the colors and design. nice job!

Maria Fiscella said...

Love the colors and the stitching - they're beautiful cards:)

farmhouse-story said...

your design and colors rock!

Becca said...

The stitching is awesome. Love these colors together.

Diane Jaquay said...

So pretty! Love the mix of patterns!

AKiteFlier said...

Wow these designs are fantastic - and your stitching too - you have been BUSY! Love the addition of the buttons and those sentiments are fabulous,

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love the sewn strips of paper. Great idea.

Deanna said...

Wowzers, love love love!

Lori said...

Fabulous cards!!! Love the stitched panels!

Michelle said...

Love seeing Bitty Dots on these - - don't see that ribbon being used much. The color scheme and your patchwork look are really great.

Cammie said...

Oh, I love these cards! Great the colors and designs.

Marge said...

WOW, love your colors, your design, just everything about these!!!

Bonnie said...

Are you sweating? I love all the work you put into these - gorgeous!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are way awesome!! tfs!!

Natasha said...

Wow! These are stunning! Love the paper piecing and stitches!

Linda said...

Great combination of stamps for the backgrounds. Super idea, great colors.

BethieJ said...

LOVE these.. the panels are so fun, and the colors are perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I love the layout and colors.

Babies-Beth said...

What a great mixture of stamp sets you have done! Wow!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is jaw dropping GORGOUS!! love the colors, stitching, buttons- ALL of it!

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love the designs of each panel!

Dru said...

I LOVE these! The colors are so pretty and vibrant!!

Lizzie Jones said...

These cards are simply lovely. The color combo and the different panels are awesome!

Kim Faucher said...

wow, these are darling!! Love the stitching!

Sue P. said...

Pretty cards. I love the colors and the stitching.

IamDerby said...

what a wonderful idea. I love how it turned out.

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Really pretty cards - love the colors!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

very adorable!

peggysue said...

Great look with the strips of stamped paper, alternating the colors. Very nice project!

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the look of the patchwork strips.

Elizabeth S. said...

Love these!

Liz said...

Love the colors and the design! Great job!!

Jennifer L. said...

Love the mixture of patterns and stitching.

Savitri said...

Just pretty!!! LOVE the colors!! Love the stitching too!

Lisa H. said...

I love this look! fab, cards.

Daniela F. said...

Love the different patterns on your card. Great job on the challenge!!

Leora said...

Wow! Your cards are beautiful! Really. I don't know what I am doing this month. I was thinking that the blog hop was tonight. Looks like I missed it...

Leora

Aimes said...

Wow! I love the way you've incorporated all the patterns - they totally work together! Definitley got your dollars worth with the little tree stamp ;D
TFS!
Aimes
x

Antje said...

Love your colours and love the sewing - Great cards!!

Susan said...

Wow! These are beautiful!! Love your layout and color combo!!

Kim said...

I love all the different pattern layers. Great job on combining them in such pretty colors and patterns!