Sunday, July 25, 2010

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge


It's time for the monthly blog hop with Papertrey Ink!  It's been a while since I've had a chance to participate.  Tonight's challenge was to use office supplies on our project.  I searched and searched but we really didn't have many "office" supplies that were suitable to use on a card, so I decided to use a safety pin.  Does that count?  Haha!


What do you think of my little diaper?  I'll show you how I used the new Mat Stack 3 die to create it.

First I cut the half-circle portion off.



Then I adhered the half circle to the bottom.


Lastly I flipped the whole thing over and cut off the excess with my craft knife.



Ta-da!  A diaper.  I don't remember where I got these pastel colored safety pins but they work great for baby projects.

To finish off the card I added a little order ticket and a sentiment from the new stamp set It's Official.  I hand wrote a list of baby supplies on the ticket and added the "Special Delivery" sentiment from Favor it Baby.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Mindy

25 comments:

Victoria said...

So cute! I love your list and how you turned the die cut into a diaper!

Suzanne said...

So creative, Mindy!! Great job!

Kara said...

very creative..love it!

Linda said...

Adorable! Super creative.

Marge said...

Creatively brilliant & ADORABLE!!!

Bonita Rose said...

tihs is a fab idea... wow! your creation is beautiful! I love it! xo bonnierose

Diane Jaquay said...

OK, now that's just ADORABLE!!! Super creative and cute as can be :)

Melissa Bickford said...

Absolutely adorable, Mindy!!

Andrea M said...

Oh my gosh - what a completely cute idea! Love the little diaper and the safety pin! Great job!

Lisa said...

This is SO CUTE! Very creative!

Renee said...

Adorable! And another use for the Mat Stack 3!!

Cammie said...

So cute and creative!

Jen Carter said...

That's so clever how you used that die!! Very cute card!

Betty Wright said...

Too cute and love the diaper! Awesome card, Mindy!

Janelle said...

Clever diaper. Cute card.

peggysue said...

So creative, that little diaper is da bomb! Well, it would qualify as a 'stink bomb' in many circumstances, wouldn't it, come to think of it!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How adorable your card is! Love the diaper with the safety pin. Very creative.

ohradiogirl said...

I like the inked edges.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How clever is that!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very cute card--your diaper and list make a great baby card!

Sharron said...

What a creative way to use that die! This is SO CUTE--great card!

Nerina said...

Heee, heeee, this is utterly DARLING! I Love the diaper - so clever and creative!

Gayatri said...

Awww!! Very clever and creative! I love the idea. Great work! TFS!

Karen C said...

Great use of the Mat Stack die!

Terri said...

Very cute. What a great way to use that die cut too!