Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blog hopping at the beach!

Time again for Papertrey Ink's monthly bloghop!  This month I'm posting from the beach... I'm here on vacation with my family for a little relaxation and fishing.  I can't believe it's still so hot this late in September!

This month's challenge was to create a project using inspiration from another stamper.  I decided to make a card using some inspiration from the lovely Dawn McVey.   She has recently made several cards with layers of scallops cut with PTI's scalloped border dies and I just love the ruffles!  Here are some of her posts with the layers of scalloped borders:

http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2010/08/color-couture-embellies-volumes-7-8-9-day-2.html

http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2010/04/for-a-dear-friend.html

http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2010/03/introducing-delightful-dahlia.html

http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2010/03/ruffles-ruffles-more-ruffles.html

And here is the card I made with inspiration from Dawn's projects:


  
I used Delightful Dahlia for the background and sentiment.  Can't wait to deliver this to a friend on her wedding day next month.


Thanks for stopping by, and I'll leave you with a beach pic I took Thursday night after we arrived -




~Mindy

17 comments:

Leora said...

HI Mindy! I see you made it. Congrats! What a beautiful wedding card and what a beautiful view. It is supposed to rain here tomorrow.

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Cristina said...

This is stunning! You need to enter it in the Moxie Fab scallop challenge, too. And I think you've just convinced me to buy that die for Places, Please.

Rhonda said...

love the scallops. Cute!

Laura Isham said...

really fun layering. the colors are great.

Marge said...

WOW, sooo CUTE!!!

Aimes said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love your layered scallops (definitely agree with Cristina - you gotta get this entered in the Moxie World Fab challenge!) Especially love the layered scallops that way around - I'd have never thought to do that!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo! thanks for sharing that! And sweet card..love the pop of color with the scallopes!

Babies-Beth said...

lol, those look like waves to me! Beachy!

Jen Carter said...

Love all of your scallops! Very cute!

Nerina said...

This is such a beautiful card - love the elegance of it!!

peggysue said...

Such a pretty card and what a beautiful beach scene!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love the scallops!!! Just beautiful!!!

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card, very elegant!!

k prakken said...

Pretty card. I love the way you use the Places, Please die-cut for your sentiment.

Adele Fowler said...

love this!! so pretty :)

guillur8 said...

I LOVE the card!!! And I love that you were able to celebrate our day with us.