Thursday, November 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop and Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy T-day!  This months Papertrey Ink Blog Hop challenge was to share some holiday tags.  Of course this was pretty easy for me, because I've been making tags like crazy this year!  I love PTI's new tag dies... so much nicer than my old tag punch that gets stuck about every other time I use it.  The lighting in my house is terrible today (it's drizzling rain) so I apologize for these pictures.  No time for perfection today... too much cooking to get done for the big Thanksgiving lunch!



For these tags I used Tag Die #2 and plum pudding cardstock for the base.  Then I stamped the text from Background Basics: Christmas using Versamark and added a damask image over that with Hawaiian Shores.  I then added the "to" and "from" at the bottom and a bit of aqua lace from my own stash near the top.  The ornaments are cut from felt using a Vintage Ornament die.  I finished them off with a plum pudding button and some silk ribbon that I colored with a Copic marker.



If you're in the USA I hope you have a wonderful holiday!  I will leave you with a shot of my sweet potato and mascarpone cheesecake with amaretti cookie crust.  Yum.



Thanks for visiting!
~Mindy

12 comments:

Chris said...

oh geez.... I love your color choices, and that dessert? OMG. Drool!

Inkyfingers said...

Love that lace - it looks great. Of course you cheesecake does too. Happy Thanksgiving from England.
Hugs
Carol x

Viola Mahr said...

So pretty, I love them! Thanks for sharing!

hugs,
Viola

Elizabeth S. said...

These are pretty! Love your colors and the ornament!

Unknown said...

Very cool trendy tag! That dessert looks so yum! I think I gained 5 pounds looking at it though!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both look really fun tag and cheesecake. Way to rock the PTI tag challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E

Debbie Gaydos said...

These are adorable! Love the unusual color combo!

Linda said...

Great tags. Now I'm hungry again seeing that fabulous cheesecake! Yum!!

DF said...

Beautiful tags! Love the vintagey damask!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty set of tags. I love the colors you used. I'm wondering if there is any cheesecake left?? ;-)

Jen Carter said...

What a fun color combo! Very cute!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great tags especially with the touch of lace on them. And your cake looks luscious! I'm sure it is gone now! TFS