This is a card I created for one of my best friends. She lives in Florida and came up to NC for a visit so we gave her a baby shower today. Her nursery will be a tropical/jungle theme so I embossed the green cardstock with a Fiskars plate that has palm fronds (I'll have to look up the name of the pattern).
Other ingredients:
CS: www.paperandmore.com, PTI, Paper Company. Stamp: "About to Hatch" from Favor it Baby (PTI). Turtle sticker (Beyond Postmarks, K&Co). Ink (Colorbox, PTI). Oval punch (Marvy). Paper edger scissors, green stickles.
Playing around with some chipboard Christmas embellishments from American Crafts.
This was at the Autumn leaves Festival two weeks ago. My uncle Thad Cox is a local artist and high school art teacher. Every year he sells his art at the Autumn Leaves festival in Mount Airy, NC, where Scott and I grew up. We went to keep him company in his tent.
I think I caught Thad off guard with this picture, as he looks a bit drunk. Scott is looking pretty good here, hair groomed, clean-shaven, etc.
This is one of Thad's creations. He makes jugs with crazy faces, "sleepyhead" mugs, and these pots that look like hillbillies playing bluegrass instruments. He gives them all unique hilarious names, sometimes after distant relatives, e.g. Moody Blankenship. He is most well-known for his Mayberry paintings and drawings (from the Andy Griffith show).


2 comments:
I absolutely love your baby card, what a cute idea! I am a chipboard fanatic, I have way too much, love creations made with chipboard! Yor uncle is very talented! Have a great weekend!
Your cards are cute as always. Enjoyed "seeing" Ttocs and Thad in the pictures. Maybe some day we will be back in town for the festival. I actually miss the bad bluegrass music!
Post a Comment