Thursday, October 16, 2008
Spooky Spider
I've been playing around a lot with the emboss and sand technique. For this little spider card I used a Fiskars spiderweb plate and my Cuttlebug on some black cardstock with a white core. After embossing I sanded the web to make the white core pop out. This also gives the black cardstock a very soft texture, almost like denim. The spider stamp was $1 at AC Moore. The stitching is fake...
Ingredients:
CS: Spring Moss (PTI), black textured (American Traditional), black and red (Martha Stewart), purple (?). Patterned paper scrap from PTI stamp set label. Ribbon (Basic Grey).
Stamps: spider (AC Moore), "hello" (Paper Tray - PTI). Ink (Colorbox).
Google eyes (AC Moore), white gel pen (Fiskars)
Tools: Texture plate (Fiskars), Cuttlebug, oval punches (Marvy), paper perforator (MM), sandpaper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey Mindy! This is an adorable card! I just love your fake stitching, it looks so real!! I love the white core cardstock, sanding it really adds alot to cards! I'm working on another card and will post this weekend. I am meeting up with a girl I met thru the CK site tomorrow, she lives in Winston-Salem, I went to a rubber stamp party that she had and she is bringing me my stamps! Yay! TTYL!
Very Cute...you must get your creativity from your dad's side...cause it sure didn't pass on to me...:)
Post a Comment