
Welcome! Tonight is the monthly blog hop with Papertrey Ink. We have all been working hard on those Christmas cards for a while now, so it was time for a little non-holiday distraction, in the form of handmade floral embellishments. My idea is very simple, but I like the overall impact and have been using it on tons of cards for a couple months now. The jist is, you punch two flowers from contrasting cardstock or patterned paper and overlay them so that the petals alternate. I used a Marvy Super Jumbo (blue) flower punch.
Black and white make a bold statement. Just add a brad in the center and your ready to go. Keep scrolling for another (lighter, more feminine) example...
For my card I decided to use a scrap of Christmas patterned paper from DCWV (leftover from last month's blog hop!) and some Ripe Avocado cardstock.
I curled the petals of the patterned paper with my scissors for some extra dimension.
I decided this paper looked great with Berry Sorbet CS, and I happened to have a brad about that same color (Making Memories). A scalloped circle in Spring Moss makes a nice background for the flower. I cut a tag from Kraft cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Faux Ribbon in Berry Sorbet. Then I slipped the tag in between the two flower layers.
Voila!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!
Mindy


19 comments:
Very simple & very pretty -- I like the way you curled your petals!!!
wonderful card the blossoms are so striking
Super cute!
So pretty! Love how you curled out the edges!
LOVE this- the tag is perfect
Hi Mindy--cute idea! Love the different samples you made.
I love the clean elegance of these!
they are so simple, but so fabulous!! great cards!!
this is just lovely! great colors, too!
love how you curled up the edges, too cool!
Great card. Thanks for sharing!
~lacey
pretty flowers! thanks for the great idea!
Great flower. I love that it is 3D. It really pops from the card. TFS!
Clean, fresh, bold, and gorgeous, Mindy--great job with the floral challenge!
This is a very pretty card - I love the polka dot flower!
beautiful!!
very pretty!! I especially like the black and cream one with the writing!! I can't wait to see what you do with that one!! something to keep us coming back !!
I love the simplicity of this card and the flower is adorable.
Beautiful! The curled petals really make these stand out.
Post a Comment