Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blog Hop and Backgrounds

It's time once again for Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop! This month we were challenged to create our own background patterns using stamps. Since I just got my anniversary set I decided to break it in by making up a little random pattern using the smaller flower, bird, and tea bag.



I love hibiscus burst and aqua mist together. I stamped more flowers in black and punched them out with a 3/4" circle punch.



A little dimensional glaze on the petals makes them pop.



The "merci" sentiment is from the new Mega Mixed Messages set. Pearls finish the vintage look.



And here are a couple more cards, using the original Guide Lines set:





Thanks for visiting!
~Mindy

30 comments:

Leora said...

Wow! That is all I can say. Wow!
Congrats, Leora

Debbie said...

Love the bird one - the colours are just darling!

Kay D said...

Very nice- I can see I'm going to have to play with my background sets more.

IamDerby said...

All gorgeous... but that first one is really fab!

Tricia said...

Love the first card!!!! Fabulous!!

Lisa said...

Great cards, don't you just love the Anniversary set.

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

I love the birds and tea one...great colors!

Jessica said...

They are all fantastic, I can't pick a favorite!!

Bonnie said...

Wowzers! Love them all! I can hardly wait until my Anniversary set shows up!!

Unknown said...

They are all gorgeous Mindy - beautiful,

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Ohh I really like your black flower accent it looks fab! You rocked the background challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love your cards!!! tfs!!
-t

Lisa H. said...

such fabulous ideas here! love all the cards you posted. great colors and layouts!

Kacey Elliott said...

These are ALL fabulous cards! I really love your color choices and all your cards are beautifully designed!

Gwen said...

wow!! YOU GO GIRL!! thease are all fantastic!!

peggysue said...

Oh boy, you make it so hard to choose, I think I like the third one the best if I were forced to pick just one!

Dana Gustafson said...

Dontcha love dimensional glue? Great idea on the anniversary set flower and I love your card number two also. GReat work!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful creations!

Karen said...

Great backgrounds!! I cannot wait for my anniversary set to arrive...you're teasing me! :>:>:>

Regan said...

wow, these are gorgeous!

Scrapping Julie said...

they are all great. love the liquid glaze!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! All of your cards are so pretty!

Deanna said...

Holy crow these are fantastic!

Melissa said...

These are great! I love your first card with the anniversary set!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Great cards. Love the color combos.

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous cards Mindy! Great back grounds! Love the "buttons" on your first card!

Vicky said...

Wow!!!! I LOVE all of these! You've done some really beautiful cards. I'm going to bookmark this post :) TFS

Dana said...

Mindy, all three are pretty, but the first one is amazing! Love the addition of the tea bag on the BG, and the dimentional glaze is so clever...it really does make those flowers pop out.

Lizzie Jones said...

Great cards! I really love the third one. Thanks for sharing!

AKiteFlier said...

absolutely adorable - thanks for all the ideas