Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pot Pie Post

Top of the morning to you. Sorry I don't have a nice St. Patrick's Day card to show you today. I spent my evening last night making 60 cupcakes with green icing for a seminar at work today. Now I have froster's wrist.

What do you serve for dinner on St. Patty's Day? Bangers and mash? I don't know what that is. How about a baby pot pie instead?



The recipe is from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. It's supposed to have ham and chicken but I left out the ham. I used celery instead of fennel bulb and added some frozen peas. I only had 4 small ramekins so I divided the rest into two larger Corningware dishes.



Refrigerated pie crust comes 2 in a box. One circle was enough to cover all of my ramekins except one. Rather that cut into the other circle I just used the leftover pieces to fashion a lattice top for the last dish.





Mmmm. Bubbly.



May the road rise to meet you, etc, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Funny..but I just made one large one for dinner tonight. I just have to throw it in the oven when Jeff gets home...